First month of my journey has passed. Given how much that happened over the past month, I think I’ll do a recap of the month along with the weekly update.
- I build a prototype of my next game in Pico-8. The prototype I build ended being much more fun and interesting I thought it would be leading me to begin planning on creating a commercial game based on it. I didn’t think I’d be working on a commercial game at this point, and it’s still a little shocking that I’m doing this. But I really feel that this prototype should be made into a full game.
- Started learning a bit of music theory so I can compose my own music. Need to work at it some more but I know the very basics.
- Now that my blog’s got some content, going to try to promote my blog.
- Begin work on turning my prototype into a full game.
- Learn how to use Unity and begin work building the final game.
- Commission the art assets I need.
- Begin looking into distributing and promoting my game.
Last Week’s Accomplishments
- Began search for an artist.
- Researched game engines and chose to use Unity to build my game in. Started learning how to create games in Unity.
This Week’s Goals
- Learn how to program in Unity
- Start implementing my game in Unity
- Continue working on commissioning art.